Saturday, April 11, 2015

Presenting at Chowan and Afterwards


I had a wonderful time talking about Cleared for Planting at Whitaker Library at Chowan University on Tuesday. I saw some familiar faces and met some new ones. Everyone was gracious and seemed interested. The library had already purchased two copies, one for circulation and one for their archives. One of the librarians told me the copy in circulation had been checked out since it had been in.

After the presentation, Jim and I left immediately to go to Oakboro in Stanly County. I wanted to meet with the retired school personnel there on Wednesday for lunch. A couple of them had asked me to bring the book. To my surprise, many of them wanted one. It was also great to catch up with what was happening with these ladies I had taught and worked with.

Then, Thursday, Jim and I packed up and left for Winston-Salem. We celebrated our anniversary on Friday, and I wanted to get some pictures in Old Salem to use later in blogging. I think I got enough to us in several.


There's also a connection to Cleared for Planting. Clifton's sister, Gracie, moves to Salem with her husband. And, even in Sown in Dark Soil, the family goes by there to spend the night when traveling.



Although I've been to Old Salem so many times I can't remember them all, it's still a special place every time I go. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it.
_________________________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment