Monday, January 30, 2023


 Another Benefit

I've already written and posted blogs about my heavy publishing schedule this year.  (See) I have committed to publishing fifteen books in 2023, all of which are multiple-author projects. This will be the most books I've ever published in one year, and it's unlikely that I'll ever try to do this many again.

However, I'm already seeing a benefit to publishing books close together that I hadn't considered. My monthly royalties from Amazon have doubled. It makes sense, but I wasn't thinking about that when the schedule developed. I took advantage of some opportunities that came my way and fit writing ideas that I already had. I didn't do it thinking of monetary gain, but since all my profits go to a scholarship fund for missionary children, this will have an added benefit. I'll be able to fund more scholarships.

MaryLu Tyndall once told me the more I published, the more my royalties would grow -- that in today's book market, I shouldn't expect to make much on just one or even a few books. This experience certainly proves her statement to be true. I'm looking forward to seeing this year unfold, and I'm excited about the possibilities.

________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment