Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Writing Goals for 2019


Many authors assess their previous year of writing and publishing and set goals for the coming year. I find this can be helpful, as well. In many ways, last year was a good one for me, and if the last few weeks are any indication, next year promises to be even better. I look forward to it with eagerness and anticipation. It will be exciting to see what the new year holds.


MaryLu Tyndall once advised me to keep publishing because the more books I released, the more my sales would increase. I've found this true. In 2018, I published my fifteenth book, and my sales have really increased each year (I'll have been publishing four years in March.) 2018 was the best year yet, and I expect 2019 to be even better. My goal is to bring out four more books during the year. I have fourteen unpublished manuscripts that just need more polishing and editing. I write rough drafts quickly and always have plenty of ideas for new ones.


My review averages are very good, but I would like to work on getting more of them in 2019. I find this is one area I've had trouble with. I would also like to take a closer look at the newsletters. The third area is to do more of my own formatting and publishing. However, I have a tendency to put too much pressure on myself, and I also want to relax and enjoy the writing/publishing journey. I do find it fun.
______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment