Wednesday, February 14, 2018

An Author's Look at Love


Valentine's Day shouldn't be the only day to consider love. It seems to me that love is a deep, basic human need. We all need to feel accepted and loved. The Bible tells us that of all the things that will endure forever, love is the greatest (1 Corinthians 13:13). In fact, God is love (see 1 John 4:7-8). 


Therefore, every novel I've written or plan to write includes some love to differing degrees, although not all of them fit into the Christian romance category. Yet, when I mention this, it's like I've downgraded the book to substandard or a lower status. I don't understand this.


I refuse to apologize for making love important. It is important! It would be a miserable life without it. I can't even imagine living without God's love, and human love is also important. In fact, the greatest commandment is to love God and one another. Selfish, worldly love is not love at all. Unconditional love is rare but oh so precious.



______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment