Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Sharing   


Authors shouldn't be afraid of sharing writing tips and ways to be more successful with others. I've met plenty of writers who were eager to share, but I've met others who thought the best way to get ahead was to keep the things they'd learned tightly guarded. However, I've always found the more I share, the more I get back. It's like love; the more you give away, the more it grows. With Christian writers, like myself, this should be even more true.


We shouldn't have to attend writers' conferences and seminars to get writing tips. Mentoring each other is a great way to strengthen our own skills and support each other. I was talking to a fellow writer last week who was saying how alone she felt as a writer. Although writing is a rather solitary endeavor, we should reach out to each other. Because we spend so much time in front of a computer screen, we need to look for friends who understand us and our craft.


Many writers have a teaching or training background of some type. It should be natural for us to let others know what works for us and what doesn't. The business of writing continues to change, and hearing from others helps us adjust. I love to talk about writing, and I don't get to do it enough. Therefore, I love to share. What about you?
__________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment