Wednesday, February 15, 2017

100,000 Page Views
   
Yesterday the page views for my blog post went over 100,000. I started blogging about 2 years ago, and it took a while to build a following. To start off with, I blogged every day, seven days a week. But a social media expert at a writers' conference told me that was too much, and she suggested three times a week would be plenty. I followed her advice and have been blogging on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.


My Monday blogs are usually about history, food, travel, or trivia. On Wednesday I talk about books, writing, or blogging. Friday I post my Christian message for the weekend. This has worked well for me. So far, I've never missed a day, although I've been a little late a couple of times. I generally post them around 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time.


I find the statistics on the blogs interesting. In order of the most read blogs, my ten top blogs are:  1) Cranberry Bread, 2) Mother Teresa, 3) Running from God (Jonah), 4) Badin Lake Over the Years, 5) Love Came Down at Christmas, 6) The Donner Party, 7) A Traditional English Christmas, 8) Taking the Lord's Name in Vain, 9), West Virginia Becomes a State, 10) Removing Trees in Early America.

Here are the countries where most of my readers come from (I rounded the numbers.): 



       The United States - 81,600
       Russia - 3,900
       Germany - 1,800
       The United Kingdom - 1,800
       France - 1,300
       Canada - 1,200
       Brazil - 600
       Ukraine - 500
       Ireland - 400
       Portugal - 375

I plan to continue blogging and find it's good practice for a writer. I used to write mainly for magazines, and I find these are just short articles. I've received a lot of positive comments and feedback. It's just one more way I hope to make a difference.



___________________________________

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hit milestones. The internet is an interesting tool to be able to reach so many people. Hello from a fellow blogger:)

    ReplyDelete