Wednesday, August 10, 2016

With Summer's Songs


My print copies of With Summer's Songs came yesterday, and it's always so exciting to open that first case. I have published four inspirational, historical novels so far, but this is my first contemporary one. However, it does have a connection with When Winter Is Past, my last historical novel set in colonial Pennsylvania. Tara Kildare inherits Stanton and Beth's house, and Beth's journal helps Tara realize what God has been trying to show her. If you plan to read them both, I suggest you read When Winter Is Past first, because With Summer's Songs hints at some of its ending.




Here's the backcover copy for With Summer's Songs:

Tara Kildare’s sister gives her a cruise so she can escape her troubles for a while. Her husband had become abusive but was killed in Iraq. Now his parents are trying to gain custody of her son, Ricky. Tara knows she will never trust another man, but would a husband help her court case as her lawyer says, and would she do even this to keep her son?


Sean Murphy might be impulsive, but he’s also an optimist. He’s had about enough of sailing around the world, and Tara might just be the woman to give him the home and family he wants. She’s certainly captured his interest and then his heart. Now he’ll need to convince the stubborn woman that they were meant for each other, and, with God’s help, he intends to do just that.

I have loved all the heroes in my books, but Sean Murphy is delightful. He's an Irishman who can laugh at himself and doesn't let life get him down. His optimism and even his impulsiveness make him endearing, because he has such a loving, caring nature, while still being very competent. I think readers will love him and sympathize with Tara as much as I do.

(All profits from both books go to a scholarship fund for missionary children.)
                     ____________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    These books sound great!
    If you are willing I would like to review them.
    You may see my reviews @ http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/
    Please email me @ moma3homeschool (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I am not set up to send out review books. I can send you a word file if that would work. I don't even have these on pdf. However, toward the end of the month these two books will be on special for only 99 cents each in case that works better.

    ReplyDelete