Monday, August 15, 2016

Cruising the World


I'm one of those people who's interested in about everything, and I'm never bored. I can always find something that interests me. The bigger problem is keeping up with it and finding time for everything. I thought about listing some of my hobbies, but the list would be too long, and I'd be sure to leave out some things.


One of the things I love to do is travel. I've been to all 50 states, and about 40 other countries. I've also been on 14 cruises. So, when I decided to set half of my latest book on a cruise ship, I had plenty of experience I could put to use. That's one of the things I love about writing. It allows me to pull from my many interests. (All my profits go to a scholarship fund for missionary children.)


Especially when I was single, cruising was a convenient, safe way to travel. Everything is provided, and it felt more like a retreat. It's also economical when you consider you get your travel, accommodations, scrumptious food, and entertainment. But my husband enjoys it too now, and we can cruise the world together when he manages to find the time. I can write anywhere. In fact part of With Summer's Song was written on our Mediterranean cruise.

Here are the cruises I've been on, some of them more than once:
The Bahamas
The Eastern Caribbean (2)
The Western Caribbean
Southern Caribbean
Cozumel & Central America (2)
The Panama Canal
Alaska (2)
Hawaii
Bermuda
The Mediterranean
New England and Canada


_________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment