Friday, August 26, 2016

A Letter to America


Read Micah 6:1-8

Recently my husband preached a sermon on Micah 6:1-8. He said it was the first time  he ever remembers preaching from this prophet. While he was talking, I realized how appropriate this passage is to our nation today, and I wanted to see how it would look if it were directed at America instead of the Israelites. Here is what I felt inspired to write using these verses:


Listen now to what God says. Rise up and stand before all creation and hear. The Lord has a problem with His people and He pleads with America. "Oh, my people, what have I done to make you turn from Me? Are you tired of Me? Why do you speak against me, take My Name in vain, and even curse Me? I brought you from oppression and established a new nation for you where you could be free to worship Me. Remember when I saved you from a foolish king, from the curse of slavery, from a Nazi dictator, from the cold war, and from many aggressors. I am not pleased with people who just go through the motions of serving me, but their hearts aren't in it; their hearts must belong to Me. I have shown you what to do: follow My Word, be just, love mercy, and walk humbly with Me, your God."

What are we going to do, Christians?


____________________________________

4 comments: