Saturday, March 5, 2016

What a Year!


Although the ebook came out earlier, it has been about a year now since the print version of Cleared for Planting came out, and I got a first copy to sign and sell. And what a year this has been! So many blessings, so many adventures, and so much excitement. When dreams come true, it's always both better than expected and has problems never anticipated.

I've traveled thousands of miles, met hundreds of new people, signed hundreds of books, and never got tired of hearing, "I stayed up all night to finish it. I couldn't put it down." All the while, everywhere I went and with every speech I gave, I tried to always give God the glory. It's been Him all the way. 


Not only did my first novel come out about twelve months ago, but the second book in the Appalachian Roots series followed in September. Most people tell me Sown in Dark Soil is even better than the first one. I'm hoping they will think the third one, Uprooted by War, is better still. It's with the publisher now and should be out sometime in the spring.
In addition, while waiting for Uprooted by War, I decided to also publish my colonial stand-alone novel, When Winter Is Past. I got my copies last week. A lady that bought one at a book signing on Saturday has already sent me word that she loved it as much as the first two. She gave me her phone number to call her when I get Uprooted by War. A big, warm thanks to all my readers. You are truly a blessing! Three books published in a single year is another one.
(All of my profits also go to a scholarship fund for missionary children.)

_________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment