Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Themed Christmas Trees


Perhaps it comes from having taught in elementary school for some of my teaching career, but I love to decorate themed Christmas trees. For example, the Christmas after my husband and I came back from serving as missionaries in Oaxaca, Mexico, I did a tree with a Mexican theme. Apparently I don't have digital photos, since I couldn't find them, but I had chili pepper lights, and ornaments representing different aspects of life there. I think it may have been one of my favorites.
.
A lot of my trees have a country theme, because I'll always be a country, mountain girl at heart. However, sometimes, I like to change things and have a golden theme or a more sophisticated look. In years past, I've had more than one tree in the house. However, now I seem to be doing good to put up one. Not having children or grandchildren close enough to visit me during Christmas has influenced this, but I still have fun with it. Here are some other themed trees (not all are mine):






















_______________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment