Friday, December 25, 2015

Home for Christmas


As many of you know, I love to travel. I've been to around 40 other countries and all 50 of the United States. So far, all my novels have been set in a place where I have lived, at least for a short time. But, in all my travels, I've always managed to be home for Christmas.


The first time that I was away from home around the holidays was when I did mission work in the southern Philippines. For the fall semester, I taught English at Mindanao International Christian Academy, a high school established to educate Bible translators' children. I was in Davao for Thanksgiving, and a missionary family there graciously invited me to share in their traditional Thanksgiving meal. What a blessing this was! However, the semester ended, I managed to get everything graded and all my grades turned in, and make it home just before Christmas. My son living in Tennessee and my daughter met me at the airport in Charlotte - another great blessing!


The year that Jim and I spent teaching Bible translators' children at Oaxaca Christian School, we were able to fly home for Christmas, although we had driven down there. The school had a long Christmas break, and we enjoyed the trip. I'd had a grandson born that October, and I hadn't seen him yet, so that made our return even more special.


HERE'S WISHING YOU AND YOURS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND MAY YOU MAKE WHEREVER YOU ARE FOR CHRISTMAS HOME !

______________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment