Saturday, July 11, 2015

Have Books, Will Travel


I have been going at a busy pace to promote Cleared for Planting. On more than one trip, I've logged over 900 miles of driving. I've been to or am scheduled to be at 6 libraries, 3 bookstores, 5 churches or associations, and 9 other venues. There's some other possibilities in the works, but, beginning in September, the schedule is slowing down some. I need to get some more things planned.


In the media outlets, I've been in 2 magazines, at least 3 newspapers, and done one radio interview. As one would expect, this is a harder area to break into than doing book presentations and signings. I wish I could get some local television appearances but haven't been able to do so yet. I have built a platform in the social media, as my publisher asked. I'm on twitter, have two facebook accounts (please like my author's page and friend me if you want), and a website where I blog daily (www.JaniceColeHopkins.com). My blog counts the visitors each day, and I need more people to go by and check it daily. Please feel free to share any of my blogs I repost on facebook.


It's not been easy getting the word out, since I'm so new at this, and I can't do what needs to be done without help. I find word-of-mouth has been one of the best ways to build interest. If you've read and enjoyed Cleared for Planting, please tell everyone you know. If you belong to a church or any other organization that would like for me to speak and/or do a book signing, please contact me or have them do so. I would love to do some book club discussions, too.

email: wandrnlady@aol.com
phone: 252-862-9995

People also use book reviews when considering a book. Amazon is the site where most readers go to find out what others think of a book, but most online book sources have a place for reviews. Cleared for Planting has 16 reviews on amazon right now - 15 five stars (the highest rating) and 1 four stars. The comments have been excellent, but I'd love to have more reviews. These encourage readers to get the book, but it is an area I have no control over and must depend on my readers.


All of this has been an exciting adventure, and I've enjoyed it. I feel that God has blessed me through all the phases of this writing process, and I hope it has glorified His name and furthered His kingdom and will continue to do so. 
______________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment