Saturday, May 9, 2015

Leaving Book Reviews

Looking at book reviews from an author's perspective, I'm amazed by how hard it is to get readers to leave one. I always leave a review on Amazon for every book I read. I've found that's a good way for me to keep up with them. However, with Cleared for Planting, getting reviews is harder than trying to thread a needle in the dark.


Most readers, me included, don't take the first dozen reviews too seriously when deciding whether or not to read a book. Often those first reviews are from family and friends and can be biased. Therefore, a book needs at least twenty-some reviews, and the more, the better. I even check Amazon ratings for library books or books I don't plan to buy there. The reviews don't need to be lengthy. They just need to be honest and give a few details.


So this is my plea to you. If you have read Cleared for Planting, please leave a review at some of the online places, like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc. Please also encourage your friends and family to do the same. In fact, I think it would be a great idea to get in the habit of leaving a review for every book you read. You'd make your favorite authors very happy.
_______________________________________

2 comments:

  1. I never left a review for anything until I became an author and realized how important they are. Now I review pretty much everything:)
    My latest post is about reviews too.
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've reviewed everything ever since I' got my kindle, but becoming an author has opened my eyes too.

    ReplyDelete