Thursday, May 28, 2015

Cruising

If you've been reading my posts for a few months, you may have gotten the idea that I like to travel, and you would be correct. I love to learn, and, in my opinion, this is one of the best ways. I have gone to all 50 U.S. states, and about 40 other countries.


When I was single, I quickly discovered that cruise ships were a safe, convenient way to go. Most of them are reasonably priced, when you consider how much you would have to pay for the package - transportation, room, meals, and entertainment - otherwise. The fabulous meals alone would be worth a fortune if you paid for them individually in a restaurant. Some cruises have been better than others, but I have enjoyed them all - all 14 of them. Yes, I've been on 14 cruises to date. One when my family was young, three with my children, 6 as a single woman, and 4 with my husband, Jim.

To date I have sailed with four cruise lines. Premier was a smaller company that went bankrupt several years ago. I've also gone Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Norwegian. The bargain hunter in me looks for the best deals. The last three cruises came in 2012, when Jim and I did a Mediterranean cruise, in 2013 I went to New England and Eastern Canada with my son, and in 2014 Jim and I cruised Alaska for our tenth anniversary.


If you're thinking about a summer vacation, I'd recommend that you check into a cruise. Don't be alarmed by the media publicity of problems in the last few years. In all 14 of my cruises, I've never encountered a problem from the ship or cruise line. I think it is one of the safest, hassle-free ways to travel. Like a retreat, you can tune out problems and stress and just enjoy the trip.
_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment