Thursday, August 28, 2014

I'm Thankful for Librarians

I've always said that some of my favorite people are librarians. I can never remember meeting a rude one, and most have gone beyond their job description to help me. As a lifelong student, teacher, historian, and writer, that's important.

In North Carolina, I've called the Stanly County Public Library, and staff members have looked up information for me while I waited on the phone. If Appalachian State University isn't able to find what I need, they've always pointed me to someone else who could. Faye Byrd at Wilkes Community College emailed me old maps of Wilkesboro and answered many of my questions. Glenda Austin at the Oakboro Branch Library has gone out of her way to be helpful, and Deborah Baugham at Chowan University put extra effort into finding me any books I needed, even though Chowan might not have them. The list could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the picture. Thank you, librarians!
________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment