Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Back to College

When my husband accepted a fulltime church to pastor in Powellsville in the northeastern corner of North Carolina, I knew we'd not be able to travel as much, so I looked for another way to satisfy my love of learning. There sat Chowan University only about fifteen miles away. 


We moved in September 2012, and I went back to take regular college classes for the first time in years that spring semester of 2013. I took Renaissance Literature, Christianity in the Roman Empire, and Novel Writing. Coming from a teacher's perspective, I did every assignment the teachers gave to the best of my ability, studied hard, and I ended up making good grades with the lowest being a 97. Even better, I made some great friends among the faculty and students. For the most part, the students were very accepting of an "old" student in their midst.


I needed a break after that intensive semester, so I took fall off and returned spring 2014 to take Stuart England, Poetry Writing, and a literature class on an author with North Carolina connections. 

      
I made new friends and even better grades than before. God surely blessed! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Chowan and found it to be an excellent small university. However, I may not go back to school anytime soon. I want to give my writing and book promotions my full attention for a while.
__________________________________


















2 comments: