Monday, August 24, 2026

Amazon Audibles

I have put all my books on Amazon Audible, and I enjoy Audible books myself. I listen about six days a week as I take my two‑mile walk for exercise — something important for me since I spend so much time in front of a computer writing. I also listen while doing mundane household tasks or traveling long distances in a car or airplane. Audiobooks make the time speed by, and I enjoy getting immersed in the stories.

Although I have lost some talented narrators when they left the business or decided not to do royalty share anymore, I still have a great lineup. Since all profits from my books go to a scholarship for missionary children, I don’t want to pay money upfront but prefer to share the profits with my narrators. I try to choose the producer with the best voice for each particular novel.

Although my Audibles had a slow beginning, sales have picked up in the last couple of years. As of today, I have sold 11,672 Audible books. My best‑selling title is Building Something Beautiful, narrated by LB Neibaur. In second place is Off the Streets, narrated by Douglas Birk and Jennifer Groberg, and third is Mistaken Bride, narrated by Douglas Birk and Jennifer Groberg.

For fiction, I much prefer Amazon Audible with narrators over Amazon’s virtual narrations. I want different voices for the different characters, almost like a dramatization, rather than the one‑voice‑fits‑all approach. The variety brings the story to life in a way that feels richer and more engaging. I plan to continue with my narrators and hope for many more excellent Audible books to come.

____________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment