Monday, November 27, 2023

 My Last Book in the Series

Fruitcake by Fran is my last book in the Old-Timey Holiday Kitchen series. I have five books in it. Walnut Cake by Wylene published on December 6, 2021. I published Sauerkraut Cake by Sophie on September 13, 2022, and Forget-Me-Not Cookies by Fern on October 25, 2022. This year, I released Upside-Down Cakes by Dana on August 29th, and Fruitcake by Fran will publish on December 5th. It's been a great series, and I've loved writing each book.


Many people don't like fruitcakes because they've had the dry ones baked and packed as cheaply as possible. I don't like those either. However, my mother made her own, using different fruits and nuts, and they were delicious. I included one of her recipes in the back of the book.

In Fruitcake by Fran, Francisca Quinn learned to bake and make fruitcakes from her deceased mother, who had worked for the Collin Street Bakery. Fran changed the recipe to suit herself and sold them as part of her baking business. When she meets Trent Jones, she tries not to give in to her attraction because most Texans don't like her Mexican heritage on her mother's side. However, his persistence makes her think he might be different, but will his high-society parents accept her? Read the book to find out what happens. 

Link to Fruitcake by Fran

______________________________________






No comments:

Post a Comment