Monday, November 6, 2023

Lily: Christmas Quilt Brides.

I grew up in the Appalachian Mountain region from a long line of crafters. Before I began writing full-time, I was an avid quilter, selling them at craft fairs and giving them to family. I love quilts, and my favorite part of the whole process is quilting the layers together. I do it the old-fashioned way, using a traditional large quilt frame the way my ancestors did. I normally quilted around twelve stitches per inch, which is rather fine, but I could do more if I tried. I often made four to six quilts a year, even while teaching and spending over twelve hours working on school activities most workdays.

I studied quilts, went to quilt museums, toured history museums with quilts, and browsed huge Amish markets in Pennsylvania. I collected quilt books, patterns, and boxes and boxes of fabric. I went to classes, studied quilts, and even appraised them. Therefore, when a recent opportunity came to write in a multiple-author quilt-themed series, I jumped at it.

I expected the novel would include my main character actually quilting, but the character-driven novel didn't work out that way. However, Lily loves quilts, and two of them are pivotal in moving the story to its conclusion. I hope readers have as much fun with the story as I did. Lily: Christmas Quilt Brides will publish on November 17 and is on preorder now. Be sure to check it out. It will be available on Kindle, KU, print, and Audible.

Link to Lily


___________________________







No comments:

Post a Comment