Monday, October 16, 2023

 Reading Reviews

I've heard some authors say they never read their reviews. That's not true for me because I read every one, often more than once. I want to improve my writing, and knowing what readers think helps. I can't imagine why other authors wouldn't feel the same. I wish more readers would write reviews instead of just rating them. 

Recently, I had a reviewer say my book left her feeling encouraged. That's one of my goals with all my books. By the time readers finish a novel, I want them to be uplifted, inspired, and encouraged. I've read books that left me with a bad feeling, and I don't want that. I read for entertainment, and I want a happy ending. I think readers deserve to have a brighter day after reading one of my books.

Perhaps more readers would leave reviews if they knew how important they are. I buy books, in large part, based on the reviews as do most readers. Amazon also gives more promotion time to books with more reviews, and the reviews don't have to be long. Just write what you think. Two or three sentences are fine, and they reward the author for a good book you enjoyed.

__________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment