Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Turn from Sin, and Encourage Others to Do Likewise

And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skillful to destroy (Ezekiel 21:31).

As part of my morning devotions, I’ve been reading from the Book of Ezekiel. God sent the prophet Ezekiel to warn the Israelites of the destruction that is about to come because of their uncaring, selfishness, sinfulness, and perverse ways. Reading the prophecies is chilling, especially in light of what is happening in our country today. Much of this could apply to the United States.

Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the Lord have spoken it (Ezekiel 21:32).

The people had turned from God and sought after things of the world. They didn't look to God or follow His commandments. In fact, they defamed the temple and worshipped other things. Israel had long been a great nation, and they didn't think anything could happen to them, yet they were headed down a path of destruction. Is it beginning to happen again?

And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them (Ezekiel 25: 17).

Again and again, God sends Ezekiel to tell the people to change their wicked, sinful ways, or tragedy and destruction would befall them. But the hard-hearted, hard-headed people refused to listen to the prophet. In fact, their evil actions escalated, and their society became more and more perverse. Even the people who didn't take part in the lewdness did nothing to help turn the nation around.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.  (2 Chronicles 7:14).

We need to take a good look at where America is headed and make sure we turn toward God while there's still time. We need to take a stand against lying, deceit, fornication, adultery, harmful drugs, and all other sins before it's too late. We can't depend on someone else to do it. Christians must take a stand while there's still enough of us to make a difference because our numbers are dwindling fast. Let's do what it takes to make the United States truly "one nation under God with liberty and justice for all."

__________________________

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment