Monday, April 17, 2023

Hard at Work

Since I'm publishing sixteen books in 2023, you can usually find me in front of my computer. All sixteen of the novels are multiple-author projects, so they are firm commitments with deadlines. I have developed a schedule that seems to be working for me. I write hard for about three weeks, give or take a few days in either direction, and then I take a week off to edit the last rough draft I wrote and get caught up with some other things. Right now, I'm writing on September's book.

At the same time, I must promote and market the books as well. Getting the word out is important. I make sure I advertise when a book goes on preorder and when it's published. I also do author takeovers in some Facebook groups and participate in other events as opportunities arise. In addition, I work with narrators to produce an Audible version for each book. I basically find myself working from twelve to fourteen hours a day most of the time with brief breaks for cooking and other household tasks. I'm blessed to have a housekeeper twice a month, so I don't have to do the heavy cleaning.

This may sound like a grueling routine, and in some ways, it is. But I love writing, feel called to do it, and find it satisfying. However, I don't plan to ever publish this many books in any one year again. In 2024 I have nine books already scheduled and eight in 2025. Now if no other MAPs come along that I just can't refuse. (Can you imagine me smiling at myself.)

😊

______________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment