Monday, April 3, 2023

 Volume Counts


The more books I publish, the more my royalties have grown. This has happened at an exponent rate. Now that I have fifty-five books on Amazon, the amount has grown much more than fifty-five times the amount of my first book. I have picked up more readers, increased my exposure, and multiplied my fan base.

What most narrators don't understand is that this is true for them too. The key to making money by producing royalty-share audible books (where the author and the narrator share the royalties) is to produce as many as possible. Even though not that much money comes in quickly from any one book, over time, the monthly sales mount so that they can make a good living. And over enough time, they will probably make a respectable amount from any one book.

I've had a number of narrators stop producing my books because they decided they no longer wanted to do royalty share. (Because all my profits go to a scholarship fund for missionary children, I only do royalty share.) They had a narrow vision and weren't looking at the big picture. However, I have one producer who has narrated over 150 Amazon Audible books, and she does very well. Over the months and years, her monthly income has risen and multiplied. She is also getting more exposure and may come to the attention of audio companies that produce for major authors.

So, volume is the key to more sales for the author and the narrator. If you love to do it, you'll have lots of fun along the way. And if you don't enjoy doing it, please don't start in the first place. Your passion for what you do will come across in your work.




____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment