Monday, October 10, 2022


 New Trend in Book Covers

Have you noticed the new style of book covers that are becoming quite popular? They have drawn or painted graphics that appear flat or bland instead of the photographic illustrations I'm used to seeing. At one time, they were used mainly in juvenile and young-adult fiction, but I am seeing them used more and more in adult genres today. Their popularity among cover designers and authors seems to be growing

I may be old-fashioned, but I don't like these new covers as well as the ones that look more realistic. I guess I equate it with the stories not being very realistic either or perhaps being juvenile. I certainly don't find them appealing, and they don't make me want to read the book. However, I may be in the minority because surely there's been market research done on them, and I don't think authors would be using them so often if they didn't sell.
What do you think? Which style of cover do you like better, and which one makes you want to buy and read the book? I'd love to hear what you think.


_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment