Monday, March 14, 2022

My Approach to MAPS

I am enjoying writing MAPS. These multiple-author projects have added a new dimension to my writing. When I see a new one posted seeking authors or someone asks me to join one, my first criteria is that it requires all the books to be Christian or clean. I also look to see how much the covers are going to cost. The covers are usually coordinated, so they have the same general look or format and fit into the series theme.

Of course, it must also fit into my schedule. Sometimes, I can move the books I plan to publish independently around to accommodate a MAP, but not always. If I'm publishing a series, I don't like to break those up by publishing other books mingled in. And as I commit to doing more MAPS, those have a definite publishing date that can't be altered.

I never sign up to write in a MAP unless I already have an idea for a book that fits the theme and guidelines. That's the way I write. The idea has to germinate before I begin, and they come to me. I don't try to find them or force them because that wouldn't work for me. I already had notes in my files for the first four MAPS I wrote. The last ones came to me before I agreed to write in that MAP.

But I do add more MAPS all along. I did so a little over a week ago, and I'm considering two more for 2023. However, the schedule for 2023 is already pretty tight, and I'm thinking and praying about it. I have already published my first MAP book. Walnut Cake for Wylene came out in December 2021. Below is my upcoming MAP schedule as it stands right now. I've already written five of them, but my editors haven't completed their work yet.

Amazon Link to Walnut Cale for Wylene                      

September 13, 2022 - Sauerkraut Cake by Sophie

October 25, 2022 - Forget-Me-Not-Cookies by Fern

December 12, 2022 - Runaway Brides of the West, Candance

December 30, 2022 - Runaway Brides of the West, Aida

(?January 23, 2022 - The Prodigal Pastor?)

February 1, 2023 - A Match for Marshall

April 18, 2023 - Ingrid's Intention

May 1, 2023 - A Match for Cord

May 30, 2023 - Mason's Memories

(? June 12, 2023 - The Hurting Hero?)

February 1, 2024 - A Match for Silas

April or May 2024 - Prairie Roses Collection series, about a wagon train west, title to be determined 






No comments:

Post a Comment