Monday, August 16, 2021

 Demoted Book Posts


It's hard enough to get readers to notice regular posts about books. When these posts must be put in a list of comments, forget it. Unless the comments offer free books, most readers skip them, and as a reader, this includes me. I don't know why Facebook page administrators insist on setting it up this way. My suspicion is that they want to discourage book posts and keep them to a minimum, even those created for this kind of post. But they're defeating one of the purposes for their page -- to connect readers and writers.

Even as a reader, I'd much rather see a full-sized post where it is easier to read and see what's being offered. My poor eyes have problems with minuscule posts. In addition, all the comment posts aren't shown at one time, and therefore, it's easy for a post to get lost in the list. I have no problem with pages limiting the number of posts an author can make as many do, but putting them into comments is almost useless and a waste of the author's precious time.

_______________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment