Monday, July 19, 2021

 

New Series Debuts

I have shared several blogs about the new Old-Timey Holiday Kitchen series because I'm so excited to have a book included. Now, I would like to share the debut book in the series. It releases today, July 19th. Kris Kringle's Kuchen by Katrina is written by Elissa Strati. I'll let her tell you a little about herself.

"Howdy! I'm Elissa Strati, and I write clean, sweet tales, largely historical westerns, but occasionally other genres, too. There is always romance and often intrigue. Every time one of my newest heroes or heroines starts telling his or her story, I learn something new about the world or about our ancestors. Isn't history fascinating? All of my books are available on Amazon for Kindle and on Kindle Unlimited, and each story stands alone. Feel free to ask me anything else you'd like to know!"

Here are a few places you can contact me. Following me, especially on BookBub and Amazon, will earn you notification of new releases:

https://www.facebook.com/ElissaStratiAuthor/

https://www.amazon.com/Elissa-Strati/e/B077GLWD94

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17307510.Elissa_Strati

https://www.bookbub.com/profile/elissa-strati

https://bingebooks.com/author/elissa-strati

In Kris Kringle's Kuchen by Katrina, Katrina has always considered herself shy, dumpy, and unattractive. Tight lacing makes her overabundant chest too prominent and still doesn't provide the popular narrow-waisted figure. She’s getting older and sees no prospects in sight, while all of her friends are courting or already married. Hans is a strong, boisterous, popular man, a good worker who has his own farm, and is every woman’s dream—especially Katrina’s—but she’s barely ever spoken to the man. Fate throws them together. Is she up for the challenge and her best chance for happiness?

Are you wondering exactly what kuchen is? Elissa tells us, "It 's a traditional German pastry that roughly translates to "cake." Typically kuchen is made with a sweet dough that contains fruit or a custard filling. There are about as many different recipes and styles of kuchen as there are people who make it. In my grandmother's card file, I found two different recipes, one with a friend's name on it from a recipe exchange, and the other a Timmer family favorite to which Grandma had added her own signature meringue topping. Both recipes are offered at the end of the book."

Elissa continues, "Our group of authors was invited to write a historical romance whose central theme is food—with recipes included. I was fortunate to have a chance to flip through some of my grandmother’s recipes and discovered not one, but two distinctly different recipes for kuchen, a German fruit cake, but no real relationship to the British variety. My Timmer ancestor came to this country during the mid-19th century, from Prussia. The Irish potato famine is widely known, but crop failures were rampant throughout Europe. Religious sects were exercising their own control, and that sport of kings, war, was being played actively across Europe as various “unification” movements began to form the modern map, and principalities and duchies were consolidated and given a national identity. People fled to 'Amerika' for any number of reasons, including a desire for land and religious freedom. I used that backdrop to motivate my characters. They then took over and shared their stories."

Kris Kringle's Kuchen by Katrina - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0964C3SZH

Here’s where to find the rest of the series:

Old Timey Holiday Kitchen

_______________________________________________________

 

No comments:

Post a Comment