Monday, November 30, 2020

 Gifting Books from Contests

Recently, I've won several contests where books were given as prizes. I expected to get a real book, hopefully, a Kindle copy. However,  instead, I received either a file or an ebook through Book Funnel. I have trouble getting pdf or word files to download so that the font is large enough to read, and I can't change the size on them. And copies through Book Funnel cannot be sent to cloud and therefore clog up my device. This is important to me because I have so many books on my Kindle that space is getting to be a problem, and it slows down my device.

I've also given books away in contests, and I always gift the reader an Amazon copy. It doesn't cost that much because I still get the royalties on the book, and it counts as a book sold. It also pleases the winner which makes them more likely to buy other books from me, especially if they enjoy their free copy. I think it's a win-win situation. So, don't be cheap when you run a contest. Just a tiny investment will pay off much better in the long run.

___________________________


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I would only want a Kindle copy or a paperback. Anything else, don’t bother sending it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! I don’t have any kind of ereader, so when authors offer a giveaway, I’m disappointed when it’s in an electronic format that I can’t use.

    ReplyDelete