Monday, December 14, 2020

Maneuvers Audible

For the first time among all my Audible books, I had Maneuvers in Audible production before I even got my print copies of the book. However, it has taken about 4 months for ACX to release it. Although their information says they will release a book within 20 business days of when the book is accepted, this is just not happening. The wait-period gets longer and longer all the time.

Regardless of these frustrations, however, I am very proud of the Audible book that's finally been released. I knew Maneuvers would be the most difficult to narrate of any I've written so far. Set during World War II, Paul and his family are from Pennsylvania, and Donna and her family live in North Carolina, requiring two very different accents. In addition, Paul's military friends were from all over, like New York and Tennessee.

For this production, I went to a new narrator. Brad Leaf is a television and film voice actor, as well as a screenwriter and audiobook narrator, who lives in California. He managed the demanding challenges of producing this book with ease. He has also produced my newest book, Buy the Book.




_____________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment