Friday, February 28, 2020

Time and Money


A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps (Proverbs 16:9)


We like to think we're in control of our lives and make wise decisions, but this isn't really true. We're not as much in control as we'd like to think because God is in control of everything. It's true that He's given us the freedom to make choices for ourselves, but we don't have command of the outcome; God does.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it (Malachi 3:10).


All things, including our time and money, are under His authority. Surprisingly, tithing won't hurt budgets. We can't outgive God, and God tells us we can test Him in this. Everyone I know who tithes has said that once they began giving at least a tenth of their income, they actually seemed to have more, and their budget never got more strained.

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom (Psalm 90:12).

This goes for time, too. I'm a pastor's wife with a family, and I've launched a second career. I stay extremely busy and often end a day with more on my to-do list than I began with. However, when I follow God's directions and give time to the things He calls me to do, it is amazing how much I still mark from my list at the end of a day. Once we recognize these truths, we will have fewer struggles and worries. Give all that you have and all that you are to God.
______________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment