Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Publishing Christmas Books


Many Authors publish Christmas books, and I've been wondering if the limited seasonal sales make them worthwhile. Do they sell enough over the holidays to warrant publishing them? Many readers look for them, and I'm one of those. But I only read them after Thanksgiving until New Year's Day.


I have a book being edited that begins in October and ends right after Valentine's Day. The Christmas season is a big part of the book. Should I market it as a Christmas book next year or not? Buy the Book doesn't have a Christmas title, but I could add a subtitle if needed. Or perhaps I could market it as a regular book and add the Christmas information to any posts around that time.


I would love to hear what other authors think about this. I have asked on some writers' sites, but I haven't received any answers. Readers' and narrators' responses would also be helpful. What do you think? Are separate Christmas books a good idea or not? Or do they only work for the big-name authors who can sell about anything?
_____________________________

2 comments:

  1. I don’t know. I have 12 books I read every Christmas. For voracious readers, we are always looking for a new one. But I’m thinking it might not be a moneymaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You express some of my feelings. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete