Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A New Endeavor


Ever since I began writing novels, I've had more ideas for books than I can get written. Yet, I write them faster than I can get them published. I began with a traditional publisher, and that's where the four books in my Appalachian Roots series were published. Realizing that the process took so long that I would never get enough in print this way and having a large number of finished manuscripts, I also went with a smaller, print-on-demand publisher. This enabled me to produce more because he usually got the books out in about six to ten weeks instead of six to ten months. However, it took him almost six months on the last book, so I need another option.


Therefore, I've decided to go to a third way. I've decided to actually give self-publishing a try. I have no idea if I'll be able to format the books myself, but I know others who do, and the idea doesn't frighten me. If I can pull this off, I'll have more control, and I can make needed corrections without going through a third party should any mistakes initially slip through.


For my first venture, I'm going to write a series of stories based loosely on the classic fairy tales. These may be more novellas than full-length novels, but I'm not sure. I've begun my first one, Roslyn's Rescue, (you guessed it) based on "Little Red Riding Hood." However, readers will find it only vaguely resembles the original tale. I'm doing what Disney did with their productions and fleshed it out, giving it some unexpected twists and turns.


At first, I'm only going to publish them as ebooks. However, if everything goes well, I'll consider combining some or all and publishing them in print copies. I'm excited about this new venture. So far, Roslyn's Rescue is going well. I always speed along at a rapid pace when I began a new book, and some never slow down. I'll keep you posted.
________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment