Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Pull to Write


When I get busy and I don't write for a week or more, I feel pulled to get back to it. The longer I go without writing, the stronger that pull becomes. For some reason I don't quite understand, I need to write. I'm my happiest when I can find a good block of time to write each day and I can see the word count and pages mount up.


For me, writing isn't a chore but a joy. I have fun creating my stories and live them with the characters. From what my readers tell me, they live in the stories, too. I never have to go looking for ideas to write about. The ideas always come to me. I usually have a number of ideas rolling around in my mind at any one time. I think through an idea, have the setting in place, and get to know the characters well before I ever begin writing.


Of course, part of this is that I feel called to write. I constantly pray that God will use it to glorify His name, reveal His truths, deliver His messages, encourage, and inspire. That's why I'm a Christian writer and why I donate all my profits to a scholarship for missionary children. I can look back and see how God was schooling me to become a writer from childhood, but of course, I didn't know it at the time. God is good.
__________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment