Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Event Venues


Since I published my first book about three years ago, I have always had presentations and book signings scheduled. There's never been a time I didn't have an event coming up and usually many of them. I know some authors don't bother with such things anymore, relying mainly on ebook sales, but I've found my print sales to be good. It's another way to get my books into the hands of readers, many of which still prefer a traditional book. I appreciate the ebook and audiobook sales, but I don't want to overlook the print version.


I find I also enjoy speaking to groups and talking with people about my books. It puts me in direct contact with my readers, and their enthusiasm encourages and inspires me. I've learned specifics on what they think about my books, what they particularly like, and how a book has affected them personally. This information has made me a better writer. Talking to groups fills my writing tank to keep going strong.



As I use most of my contacts, however, I can see scheduling events might become more difficult in the future, and I would like to branch out. If you know of a church, civic group, book club, or gathering in the eastern half of the United States who would like for me to come, speak, and bring my books, please contact me. (I also speak to writers, and so far, I'm still not charging.) You can find the contact information on that page tab of this blog. The Events tab will also tell you where I'm scheduled. Since all of my profits go to a scholarship fund for missionary children, many charitable organizations have me speak. I've even done several regular church services, as well as special programs. I eagerly look forward to where I'll be going in 2018.
___________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment