Friday, August 11, 2017

People First
(After God, of course)

And he saith unto them, Follow me and I will make you fishers of men (Matthew 4:19).

People were and are a priority for Jesus. We're why He came to earth as a babe in a lowly manger and went to the cross, a vile death. He came to make a way to save us from our sins, restore our relationship with the Father, and give us a more abundant life. It's beyond me why so many people still reject Him when He only wants to bless us and give us the best life possible.

Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself (Matthew 22:37b)

Jesus was all about loving. He touched people in a special way, took the time to build relationships, taught others to love, and wrapped it all in prayer. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, if we could get the loving right, according to the Golden Rule, we wouldn't have to follow another law or rule. Love done the right way, God's way, covers it all.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.


I'm a teacher, and I can be an extrovert. I'm a writer, and I can be an introvert. But even my solitary side knows I must make time for other people. It's what ministry and serving is all about, and it's following the example Jesus set. We should put people above tasks and things. Even the church should be about relationships, fellowship, encouragement, and love. To love God and love others is the most important commandment to Christians. Let's not fail.
___________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you found it helpful. May God lead you to further understanding and blessings.

    ReplyDelete