Friday, March 3, 2017

Open the Door to Your Heart 

Behold, I stand at the door and knock: If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come to him, and will sup with him, and he with me (Revelation 3:20).

I wonder how many people ask Christ to come into their lives and save them without opening up their hearts for Him to do so. They want salvation and want to go to heaven when they die, but they don't want to make too many changes, and they certainly don't want to give up control over their lives. If you don't open the door to your heart, where do you think He will come in to? As a church marquee said, "If you want to get into heaven you must let Christ come into you."

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10).

When we ask Christ into our lives, all our sins are washed away, and we become clean, new. However, keeping us clean is an on-going process, because, in our humanness, we have a sinful nature. To become the person we were created to be, we need to surrender completely and allow the Lord to work in our lives. If Christ doesn't own our hearts, then the enemy does.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of you flesh.... (Ezekiel 36:26).

God wants tenderhearted people, and Christ will soften our hearts and fill them with love if we let Him. If we want to be new people in Christ, we need to let the Holy Spirit do His work in us. Have you allowed Christ to perform heart surgery on you, or do you still retain you hard heart of stone? You'll never be pleasing to God until you do have that heart transplant.

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see You
I want to see You
("Open the Eyes of My Heart" by Michael W. Smith)
________________________________








No comments:

Post a Comment