Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Finishing

This week, I read a post from another author which said that a large percentage of writers start a manuscript and never get beyond halfway finished before they stop. Usually, they never pick it up again. She went on to give tips about how to avoid this. I was taken aback at first, but on reflection, I've also seen some of this. I wonder if these writers aren't writing for the wrong reasons.  


Since I began serious writing, I have never failed to finish a manuscript, because there's a burning desire in me to do so. I have such a passion for what I'm working on at the time that there's much more danger I will put in fourteen or more hours of writing a day to the neglect of other things I need to be doing. So far, I've completed twenty-one manuscripts and published seven. I write them faster than they can get published.


In many ways, I've been in training to be a writer my whole life, and I love it. I never run out of story ideas, because I have four to six playing through my mind at any one time. My problem is finding the time to write them all. When I get a new one written, others have taken its place. But what a blessing, what a joy!


_________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment