Monday, December 28, 2015

500 Blogs

This blog today marks a milestone, my 500th blog. I have written and posted a blog daily for 500 days. There have been challenges along the way, but I have learned a lot, too. Surprisingly, I have had few problems with writing the blogs. It's coming up with the photos and illustrations that's presented the biggest hurdle, and I think they are crucial to an interesting blog. Most of us are visual people.


If I had all my photos taken through the years transferred to the computer, the problem would be solved, but when I wrote for magazines, most of them preferred transparencies (slides) at that time. Therefore, most of my past photography is in this format. I have to be very careful of copyright infringement if I pull a illustration from the web. There are sites that allow this, but often their subjects are limited.


To date, I've had viewers from 28 different countries. The top ten, with the highest first is: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, France, Brazil, Germany, Ukraine, Portugal, and Ireland.
I've built a base of followers, until I am getting to the point I don't have to do as much reposting as I once did. This has taken a lot of time, and I've enjoyed freeing up more time for working on my novels. 2015 has been an exciting year, and I look forward to seeing what 2016 will bring.
________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment