Monday, March 11, 2024

Ten-Year Publishing Anniversary

I received copies of my first published book, Cleared for Planting, in March 2014, making this my tenth anniversary. It has been a lot of fun, learning, and making new friends. In that ten years, I've published 69 books and had many new experiences. I feel fulfilled and have no regrets about my second career as an author, and that's exactly how I treat it -- as a second career. My first career was teaching history and English.

Cleared for Planting

I feel that God called me to be a Christian writer, and I write, wanting to glorify Him. Most of my books are historical fiction, but I have a few contemporary ones and even two Christian non-fiction books with another on the way in 2025. It has been an exciting journey, and I try to let God lead me in everything. I can look back at my life and see how He was training me to become an author all along, but of course, I didn't know it at the time.


My readers and fans have been most gracious. It still amazes me that people like, even sometimes love, my writing. But I know -- all the glory goes to God!

___________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment