Monday, March 18, 2024

My New Computer System 

My children and husband got me a new computer system this year for Christmas, which has turned out to be a blessing. Now, I enjoyed my old system with its fast speed, huge storage capacity, and large screen, but it was not portable. Therefore, I needed a laptop for when I traveled and wanted to stick with my writing schedule. However, I had to copy everything I thought I might need onto it before I left home, but inevitably, I would need something I didn't have. I had to do the same thing if I wanted to work from a location in my house other than my office.

My new system takes care of all that. The laptop I now use has a larger screen than my other laptop, it has as much storage as my tower, and I have a large monitor I hook it up to when I want to work from my office. If I want to work from another location, I need only unplug two cords to move it, and I have everything I need. I love the flexibility it has given me. 
Why don't I just use the laptop without the big monitor? I have a vision problem, and I find using the bigger monitor at my office desk more comfortable for everyday work. With writing, promoting, and the business end of it all, I'm on the computer a lot.

And I found this amazing little bracket that holds the laptop in my office when I'm working off my large monitor and using it like a tower. It's so simple that it's ingenious. It has a band inside that tightens up by the weight of the laptop being inserted, and it holds it firm. 

This system has enabled me to get more writing done faster. So, there you go. Have computer will travel. 

___________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment