Monday, March 4, 2024

A Journey for Jillian



I've found that novels set on wagon trains west to be very popular, and they can be fun stories to write. A Journey for Jillian, which publishes tomorrow (3-5-24), is my fourth book taking place on a wagon train, and there's another one coming in April. (Zoe is on preorder now.)

In Journey for Jillian,, Jillian Barker's father and older brothers are harsh drunks, so when the most responsible one of her brothers decides to run away to the West, she talks him into taking her too. However, when they get to St. Louis, he decides to stay there. The wagon master refuses to take an unmarried woman with him, and she doesn't want to remain with her brother, who is working in a saloon, so her only option is to wed. The wagon master assures her that he can find someone who will agree to an annulment when they get to Oregon, but can she risk having a man in charge of her again?

One of my favorite narrators, Jared Walters, has just finished the Audible version of the book, and it will be out as soon as ACX approves it. Jared was tied up with another project when I first contacted him, but his voice fit this story so well that I was willing to wait for him to become available. I prefer for the Audible versions to be ready to release at the same time as the other ones, but I think getting the right narrator for a book is even more important. I'm looking forward to seeing what readers think of Jillian and Vance. I fell in love with both of them, and Vance quickly became one of my favorite heroes. I think you'll agree.

My Wagon Train Books -

*Update: The Audible version of A Journey for Jillian has published.

____________________________




 

No comments:

Post a Comment