Wednesday, April 1, 2020

What Type of Books Sells Best?

I have always been told that nonfiction books sell better than fiction, but I haven't found that true. My nonfiction book, On the Road to Jericho, hasn't sold nearly as well as my four top-selling fiction books (Mountain Mishap, When Winter Is Past, Mountain Storms, and Past Storms). Part of the reason may be that I published eleven novels before On the Road to Jericho came out. But as a Christian author, I feel led to write both.


I have another nonfiction book ready to be published in a few days. From the Top of the Mountain to the Bottom of the Sea: Lessons from Elijah and Jonah has been several years in the making because I'm extremely careful to have the content right in the nonfiction books I publish, but I'm very proud of both of these.



I have some ideas for a third Christian nonfiction. I like to keep one going in some stage of the writing process at all times. I would be interested to know what other authors have found about sales when they write both. I know many Christian authors do write both, and I'd love to hear readers' thoughts, too.
________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment