Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Blogging for Jesus

When I published my first book over three years ago, the publisher told me I needed to start a blog. At first, I blogged every day, but a social media expert I met at a writers' conference suggested I change that to three times a week, and I did. I started out blogging a Christian message on Sundays, but when I went to three days a week, I changed that to Friday since I now blog on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Little did I know when I started, that this would turn out to be a calling in itself. By the comments I receive, I know these weekend blogs are touching people's lives, and it is awesome to see how God uses them. First of all, He gives me the message. And then, He uses them to reach people. I am humbled by the whole process. Knowing that he can use me in this way should be a testimony that He can use anyone.

The young man who helped me set up my blog suggested that I change the title. He thought I would limit it and have fewer readers by adding "with God." I didn't listen, because this is an important part of who I am and what my goals are. All my books are strongly Christian, and anyone who has a problem with that wouldn't like them anyway. I plan to stand boldly on my faith, not deny it in any way.


The blog has grown to have followers from all over the world. Of course, most of the audience comes from the United States, but I have many readers from Russia, France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Brazil, Ireland, Ukraine, and Australia (in that order). Surprisingly, after the United States, my biggest audience comes from Russia. Isn't the Lord amazing?
____________________________________



2 comments:

  1. I enjoy blogging. Sharing God's love through writing my blog is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete