Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Deceitful Matters


I just sent my twelfth manuscript to the publisher. Deceitful Matters is a contemporary novel set near Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I grew up about 60 miles west of there. I used Wellington, a fictitious small town not far from Winston, for the main setting. But the nearby city, towns, and sites the characters visit are real places.

In the book, Amy Duncan and Seth Conners were just starting to connect in high school when Seth was arrested, Amy’s parents died, and everything changed. They don’t see each other again for ten years, but now someone is trying to make sure they never become too serious about each other again. Who would do such a thing, and will their love survive or will they be torn apart permanently?


I included some mystery and intrigue in the historical novel, When Winter Is Past, but Deceitful Matters has the most mystery of any book I've published so far. My focus is not entirely on the mystery, however, because my novels are character driven and not plot driven. I do read mysteries now and then, and I like to occasionally use some of these elements. Readers loved When Winter Is Past, and the book has done very well. I'm eager to see how Deceitful Matters will do. It should be out sometime in February or March.


__________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment