Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Writing Christian Fiction


Several people have asked me why I choose to write Christian fiction when other genres are more popular. The answer is more multi-faceted and  complicated than it would first appear. It is intertwined with who I am and what I see as important in my life.

One of the main reasons I write Christian novels is that I see my writing as a gift from God and a great blessing. When I look at my roots and where I came from, it's a miracle that I learned to like language, love writing, and be able to publish books. Since God gave me this love of writing, I want to use it to glorify His name and further His kingdom. This is also why I donate all my profits to a scholarship fund for missionary children. May God use my writing according to His will and I always write what is pleasing to Him.


I would like for my books to touch people in a special way. I want them to come away encouraged, enriched, and feeling they've discovered or been reminded of some important truth. I cringe at some of the books I see. I don't know how someone would want their name on a book filled with profanity; steamy, explicit sex scenes; or blood and gore. I want to write books that I can be proud of, even when my grandchildren read them.


I write Christian books, because my faith is a big part of who I am. At this point in my life, I think it would be far harder for me to write a secular book than a Christian book.  God has blessed me in so many ways and been with me through all the valleys and over all the rough terrain. He means everything to me. The better question is how could I not write Christian fiction?

___________________________________

2 comments:

  1. I love how fiction helps readers to "be there." May God be with you as you write, Janice, and may blessings abound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Mary. I sense you understand.

    ReplyDelete