Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Party Results

I held my first facebook release party this past weekend. I think it was a learning experience for me and some of my readers. My publisher had put all my books on sale due to the release of my Civil War novel, Uprooted by War, so I thought this would be a good time to try the party. I had seen other author's do this, and I wanted to give it a try.


I was surprised by how many readers didn't understand to attend the party all they needed to do is go to the facebook page. Many of them thought I wanted them to come to a physical address. I was also surprised that many of the authors, whose facebook parties I attended, did not come by mine at all.


I had a little over a hundred participating, which is not bad. However, most of these did not really take part in the contests for free prizes, make comments, or answer questions. Perhaps it was all too new to them. I'm hoping for even better results next time. However, I did enjoy the time and had fun holding it. Here are some suggestions I'm making to myself:



  • It might work better to join with some other authors so that we all pull in our fans.
  • I need to work on a better system to notify fans individually.
  • I should shorten the time of the party to only a couple of hours.
  • Saturday seemed to work better than Friday.
  • Prizes other than books worked best, because most of my readers and fans already have my books. However, I would like to pull in more than just my loyal fans. Joining with other authors would also help this.

I don't know when I will hold another party, but I'm planning to do so. I'm sure they will get better and more successful as I continue to learn. Thanks to all who came to this one, and congratulations to Glenda Austin who won the grand prize of a T-shirt. I hope all of you will come back next time and bring some friends.
______________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment