Wednesday, June 8, 2016


Inspiring 


I'm having an exhilarating week. I had book signings scheduled over the weekend, and my new novel, Uprooted by War, came the day before I left home. This one is causing a wave of renewed interest in all my books. This weekend, I sold quite a few sets of all four of the books I've published so far and many single copies of Uprooted by War.


I'm guessing that the fact this new novel is set during the Civil War appeals to readers. It seems to be a popular time period. In addition, it continues with the characters many of my readers have grown to love in the first two books in the Appalachian Roots series. However, each of the books in the series has a definite ending. I don't believe in writing cliffhangers at the end of novels. I believe readers deserve a finished product.
All this activity motivates and excites me. One reader has already told me how much her faith grew while reading Uprooted by War and how inspiring she found it. This is what I want to do -- not only entertain but also touch readers' lives so they feel they come away better because they read the book. If my books inspire others, it inspires me. It doesn't get much better than this for a writer.
___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment