Thursday, October 10, 2024

 When We Don't Get What We Pray For

Several days ago as I was doing my morning devotion, I ran across a poem that touched me in many ways. It's honest, true, reflective, and gives one a lot to ponder. Today, I thought I would do something different and simply share it with you. Perhaps it will impact you the way it did me.

I asked for strength that I might achieve; 
He made we weak that I might obey.
I asked for health that I might do great things; 
He gave me grace that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
He gave me poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
He gave me weakness that I might feel the need of God.
 I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
He gave me life that I might enjoy all things.
I received nothing that I asked for;
He gave me all that I had hoped for.

 (Michael P. Green, ed., Illustrations for Biblical Preaching.)



_____________________________

 
 

 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment