Monday, May 27, 2024

It's Almost Here

I'm excited that it's almost time for Beckett's Brides to publish.  It releases on Saturday, June 1, and is on preorder now. Perhaps because I've put so much time and effort into the research, this book is special to me, but the story was also fun to write. It ended up with a plot twist that even I didn't see coming to start with.

Link to Beckett's Brides

When Dr. Beckett March writes his aunt that he would like to have a wife and children someday, he had no idea she would send twins to Deadwood for him to choose from. Besides the impossible situation that puts him in, lawless Deadwood is no place for two young, single ladies, and then there's the problem of finding them a chaperone.

As many of you probably know, my husband and I went to Deadwood last June to research this book. In addition, I purchased books and did extensive other research, wanting to make the novel as authentic and historically accurate as possible. I found it both fascinating and fun to uncover Deadwood's early history. In fact, I plan to set another book there. Since Beckett is a doctor, he only encounters miners in that capacity, but the town started because of gold being discovered in the Black Hills, and it played a big part in the area for many years, so my main character next time will be a miner. It will be part of the Men of the West collection, titled The Miner, and publish in March of next year. In the meantime, don't miss Beckett's Brides. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

_______________________

No comments:

Post a Comment